Information We Collect
As a visitor, you are not required to provide us with any personal information. We only collect those personal data, if you provide them to us. Non-personal information, however, may be collected via Information You Provide, Automatically Collected Information and Information Collected From Other Sources.
Information You Provide
Unpopular Opinions only collects personal information that our visitors provide, such as Full Name and Email Address, when they decide to purchase any product or resources or subscribe to our newsletter and email notifications via ConverKit.
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website.
Automatically Collected Information
When visitors view, use, or navigate our website, our website automatically collects information that does not reveal your specific identities (non-identifiable), such as your IP Addresses, browser characteristics, operating system, information on when you use our website, information about whatever device you use to access our website, and other technical information.
When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect the data shown in the comment’s form (if there are any), also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
These are collected in order to protect and maintain our website’s operation and are also used for internal analytics and statistical purposes.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, and other outside sources. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records.
This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
How We Use Your Information
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. To send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. To keep our Website safe and secure.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Website, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you.
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website, products, marketing and your experience.
Please note that we only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your and our rights, or to fulfill business obligations. More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts.
- Third-Party Advertisers.
We only share information with the following third parties.
- Affiliate Marketing Programs
Bluehost, Hostinger and Ad Inserter Pro, BloggingForNewBloggers
- Content Optimization
Google Search Console
- Website Hosting
- Website Performance Monitoring
Our website uses Google Search Console and Google Analytics which uses first-party cookies, collects IP addresses, and site activities to monitor our traffic, website visitors, and user interaction.
We share essential non-identifiable information from our visitors in order for Google to maintain and improve its services, to protect and enhance our website and its content. For more information, you can visit this site: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
If you opt-out of this collection of information by Google Analytics or on any website you visit that also use Google Analytics, you can do so by clicking here to obtain an opt-out button.
Nevertheless, personal and non-personal information or data, such as IP addresses from visitors, are gathered only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 90 days.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
What rights you have over your data
In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
CCPA Privacy Notice
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year.
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
(1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
(2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose,
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.”
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your personal data.
Unpopular Opinions has disclosed the following categories or personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Category B. Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Category G. Geolocation data, such as device location.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Website visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com